December 5, 2017 - Reny Pebriasari
Getting To Know Your Managed Services Team
When you hear the term “managed service provider” what image immediately pops into your head? Is it a single person you can call to help you? Or, a company that will allocate someone to send to you when you have a problem? Though it might be somewhat a combination of these things, remember that the right managed service provider will actually be an entire team, with each team member working together to serve your company’s needs.
That being said, if you’re a business leader, then you know all too well the stress that can come with working with multiple people at once. However, like with any team, if your MSP does this collaboration correctly, you’ll have even less to worry about.
Here’s how it works:
Who Are They?
A managed services team consists of experts in their field, like architects, security experts, monitors, etc. Generally, team members are labeled as “engineers” and should be the top of their game. By working with a team, you can feel confident knowing that someone will be there no matter when you need them. 7 days a week, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day — this is one of the benefits of having a team take care of your network as opposed to a single individual.
Different Expertise Across the Board
Of course, although you’re working with one team, that team is working with clients on cloud systems located world-wide. Even so, this shouldn’t take away from the quality of services they are supposed to be providing you with. If this is executed correctly, then the managed services team will help you with a whole number of things. This should include, but not be limited to:
- IT, Cloud architect, and Strategy services
- Network engineers who run 100% SLA networks
- System administrators that monitor and manage your specific network design and infrastructure
- Security engineers and services
- An IT Operation team to manage IT duties while you sleep
Wowrack will provide your company with the best managed services team out there. Contact us to learn more!
An Easy to Follow, Step by Step Process
It’s clear that by working with a team you have different experts taking care of different jobs. This will ensure that the right people are managing the right parts of your network at all times. No need to worry about things like, “this guy really doesn’t know what he’s doing…” but, instead, the peace of mind of that comes with each team member following a specific role in the process.
And, a managed services team should be able to guide you through this process from the very beginning. Here’s a general idea of how it will look:
- 1) Infrastructure Design: The MSP team will build you a unique infrastructure that answers all of those challenging questions, such as, “What server hardware do I use?” or “How do I distribute our application load efficiently around the globe?”
- 2) Implementation: That infrastructure will then by implemented by the Systems and Network Architect working closely with Deployment Team.
- 3) Networking: Whether you need to connect the private cloud you already have to a public cloud provider like AWS, or you need to build a secure private network from scratch that is able to span across the globe, your managed services team will help you do this with its network engineers.
- 4) Monitoring: Don’t worry if something goes wrong thereafter. Your managed services team will stay on top of it by setting up your network into different layers that can easily be monitored.
- 5) Security: Whatever compliance practices need to be followed will be implemented into your system, as well as a strong Disaster Recovery approach in case something goes wrong.
As the old saying goes, “two heads are better than one.” And, when it comes to your company’s network, you deserve the very best set of heads, dedicated to working together to give you exactly what you need.