Wowrack is looking for a Senior Network Engineer with 10 years’ experience in designing, Implementing and troubleshooting various network technologies. Background includes hands-on experience, specializing in Cisco Environment in Data center, LAN/WAN and Security.
The ideal candidate will be expected to provide high quality first-tier network and network event management for Wowrack’s (expanding) worldwide network operations. They will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of networking and networking concepts and theory, and have experience participating in operational network support for an internet company. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A passion for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required & expected for this role.
Engineering and Provisioning:
- Engineering of NE-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Design, build and implement new solutions for our customers needs
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for network administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing logs etc.
- Perform regular security monitoring & create Risk vs. Reward statements.
- Create automation of monitoring of new services.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply Revision patches and upgrades on an as needed basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new devices as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, or relevant job experience.
- Cisco Certification Highly Desired.
- 10years + experience with dedicated expertise in Designing, Implementing and Troubleshooting various Network Technologies.
- Background includes hands-on experience, specializing in Cisco Environment in Data Center, LAN / WAN and Security.
- Mastery of Routing Protocols required.
- Ability to Mentor up-and-coming Network Administrators
- Expert in Data Center Technologies such as vPC, VDC, VSS, STP, FCoE, OTV & FabricPath
- Highly Experienced in Cisco Catalyst 6500 Platform and its Service Modules
- Have implemented Load Balancing solutions on F5 BIG-IP LTM, Cisco CSM & Array APV/TMX
- Implemented Firewall Security in compliance with PCI on Cisco ASA,FWSM & Checkpoint
- Ability to troubleshoot and mitigate large scale DDOS attack (10Gbps +) and using BGP blackhole community.
- Extremely strong knowledge in BGP, HSRP, VRRP Routing protocol.
- Demonstrated record of success in managing existing IT projects and implementing new IT projects on time, also an Excellent Team Player, quick learner and a fast thinker
Position deals with a variety of problems and sometime has to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically clear and requires determination of which answer (from a few choices) is the best.
Decisions normally have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can typically require abundant time to address and are customer impacting.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Interested candidate, please email your resume to hr[at]wowrack.com