Wowrack is looking for a Junior System Administrator with emphasis to manage Microsoft Servers Infrastructure and join our Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service team. As a Junior Microsoft System Administrator, you will be using your cloud and IT technical knowledge to assist in maintaining customer's cloud infrastructure and provide technical support as well as consulting when needed.
This is a very customer centric position as you will be closely engaging with customers face to face, support ticket, phone support, and off-hours maintenances. You will leverage your broad experience to support and troubleshoot application, network, systems using the various internal and external tools as well as your existing knowledge and toolkits.
This position requires individual with high self-motivation and high sense of ownership as you will be working with other Engineering teams within Wowrack to manage, maintain and resolve issues for customer's production Infrastructure. Your ability to work as a team player will be very important as you will be heavily working with your peers in virtual capacity (Teams, IM, Phone calls, etc).
Equally important will be your continuing appetite to learn about new technologies and industry trends. Ideal candidate would be a person who have worked for cloud or hosting providers or managed service providers in a customer-centric and tight deadline delivery environment. Candidate will also need to be able to accommodate off hours IT projects.
Some of the Technologies we dabble in:
- Hypervisor: Hyper-V, VMWare, Xen, KVM, ProxMox, Openstack, Cloudstack
- OS Level Virtualization: Docker, OpenVZ
- Desktop/App Virtualization: Microsoft, Vmware, Citrix
- Public Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Office 365
- Web Server: Apache, NGINX, Varnish, IIS, Squid, Java.
- Database Server: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Microsoft SQL, Hadoop
- Digital marketing platform management: WordPress, Drupal, Magento, cPanel
- DevOps automation tools: Chef, Puppet, Saltstack
- Microsoft Server: Exchange, Sharepoint, Skype For Business, System Center, SQL, Dynamics, Hyper-v Cluster * Storage (Hardware): Dell Equallogic/Compellent, Nimble Storage, EMC, HP, Mellanox, LSI
- Storage (Software): FreeNAS, Open-E, Ceph, GlusterFS, HDFS, Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct, VMware vsan
- Networking: Layer2 Switching, Layer3 Routing, GRE Tunnel, VPN Site2Site Tunnel, Firewall, Application Load Balancer
- Networking Hardware: Cisco Nexus Catalyst ASA, Juniper MX, Force10, HP Aruba.
Candidate who has exposure in the above technologies is highly preferred. Otherwise, you will be learning and working day-to-day with these technologies.
- This is a Customer Facing Position. You will be interfacing with customer a lot.
- Act as Field IT consultant and support Wowrack On-Premise Managed Infrastructure client base.
- Project manage Multiple Fast Paced Projects at the same time and be able to meet deadlines.
- Support multiple production infrastructure and networks that runs Mission Critical Applications.
- Establish and maintain appropriate IT documentation and procedures.
- Provide Phone Support
- 24/7 availability for on-call for emergencies and maintenance.
- Assist with Wowrack Internet Datacenter projects as needed.
- Minimum 3 years of combined professional experience with Windows server and Active directory environment (Windows 2008 - 2016).
- Experience with Office365 including setup and migration and usage.
- Experience with various Client Operating systems such as Windows XP - Win10.
- Knowledge in TCP/IP, Subnetting, DNS and how the Internet works in general
- Must be a people person with strong ability to resolve both technical and non-technical problems.
- Excellent in communication, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Must be dependable with a great work ethic, demonstrated initiative, ownership of issues, and exceptional attitude.
- Highly flexible, adaptable, and able to deal with uncertainty in an extremely high-paced environment.
- IT consultant experience
- Experienced with Azure Stack
- Experienced with Microsoft Exchange 2003 - 2016 Infrastructure including management and maintenance of the system.
- Experienced with various Microsoft server products such as IIS, SQL, Sharepoint, System Center Products, Skype for Business, Hyper-V.
- Experienced with various Windows server technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, WINS, NAP, IAS, RRAS, Firewall, WSUS, IIS, Certificate Manager, Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services, Clustering.
- Knowledge of Mac and Linux clients.
- Mass client deployment experience.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with various Network equipment such as Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, Wireless Access Points, KVM/IP, PDU UPS.
- Experience and knowledge with various 3rd party network and security management software such as Symantec, Veritas, McAfee, GFI, Opmanager, VMWare.
- Experienced working with system and network monitoring tools: Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, Zabbix, Opmanager, Systems Center.
- Server hardware knowledge and past experience with SAN, NAS and Various Backup devices.
- Ability to script, setup open source CMS solution such as Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal.
- Experienced with various Phone products including PBX, Voice over IP solutions and Internet telephony.
- Relevant BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- A+, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA certified
Due to nature of heavy equipment, Candidate must be able to lift at least 50lbs of equipments and have a reliable working car to travel to customer's location. (greater Seattle Area)
Wowrack is employee-focused and work hard to create a company culture that all of our team member will enjoy. We offer competitive pay, plus medical and dental, vacation and paid time off (PTO).
Salary and compensation DOE.
Interested candidate, please email your resume to hr[at]wowrack.com